Monday 2 February 2015

The very very very long awaited: Blogger Recognition Award!

Hiya All! Ok so literally like in October 2014, Hannah from AGDtime nominated me for the BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD!! It's my blogs first award so Woo-hoo! I'm so sorry Hannah that i took so long to create this post. It's the summer holidays over here and I haven't had the time (I've been working) to go through and scout for candidates for this award. But last night I literally spent like 2 hours and searched far and wide for AG bloggers (and other doll blogger too!) and found them!! YAY! I've actually been awarded 3 blog awards since so prepare for more award posts! :D Well lets get onto this award!!

This is the beautiful award itself! You can stick this in your sidebar, tab of awards or anywhere you like on ur blog!
Here are the rules.

  • Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
  • Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you've nominated in the post. 
  • Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
  • Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
  • Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from it being.
(Ok so i got those rules from the blog that nominated me and the last rule kinda ends abruptly. So I don't know if it's meant to be like that, so who knows!! Haha)

So, as the second rule states. I should give a brief story about how I started meh blog. So here goes.

"It was a dark and winding night, all that could be heard was the trees screaming in the wind and the rolling thunder crashing over the hills.... Hello! Sorry that's the wrong story! *Guides you to the correct page.* There you go! Enjoy :)
"Once upon a time there was a girl who lived in the small country in the corner of the world named Lydia. (Fabulous name I know! Shout to all bloggers named LYDIA!!) Now there was something different about this girl. She had a teeny tiny liking, no a small loving.. no that's not right.. Oh I know: A GIGANTIC OBSESSION!!!! For dolls, specifically American Girl dolls. Sadly in New Zealand no one around her had a stinking clue what American Girl was! She wanted to share her passion with people and make friends with people who loved dolls, just like her! That past year her class had been taught how to make blogs, so after searching the web and discovering a site called: AmericanGirlFan she found that heaps and heaps of AG doll fans were linking their 'blogs' to this page. Feeling inspired she created one and decided to post stories,reviews and whatever mischief she and her dolls got up to :D"

Hope you enjoyed that little story! By the way, the girl was me! (If you were confused :P LOL) I'm having so much fun with this blog and I have made so many friends and found inspirations (and hopefully been and inspiration to others) but even though I showcase a few different types of dolls and toys on my blog AG were the girls who started with me and will always without a doubt be a huge part of my life! :) 

Now onto the even funner bit..(incorrect English I know but who cares!! YOLO :P )

ANNOUNCING THE NOMINEES!!
So apologies if you have already been nominated for this award. I tried to find people who hadn't been awarded it (from what I could see!) Also I'm sorry if your name isn't on this list. I couldn't nominate everyone even though i really wanted too! :D


  1. Sissy and Jewel from: Luv of Dolls
  2. The Girls from: Tea Time with Melody Q
  3. Maria from: Simple Sweet Houses
  4. Echo from: From Echo With Love
  5. Claire from: Carrot and Claire
  6. Lydia Therese M from: Silver Creek Doll
  7. Shannon from: Hobbit Holes in Narnia
  8. Chloe from: The Dolls of Sweet Nokia Street
  9. Mama Hen and the sisters from: The Pony Tail Sisters
  10. Emma from: Wack-A-Doodle-Dolls
  11. Larisa from: Dolls World
  12. Izzy from: Forever love Dolls
  13. Megan and Maddie from: Megan and Maddie AG
  14. (I'm sorry but I don't know the author of this Blog's name) from: Happy House of AG
  15. Emily from: American Girl Dolls and Me
And now I'll leave you with some advice about blogging :) (As the rules said I should! :D) So my advice to you viewers would be to let your quirks and interests shine through your blog! I really enjoy looking at blogs that just show what a wacky,crazy person the author is! Every single one of you guys is FANTABULOUS!!! Your personality is so unique and would make your blogging posts and blog itself so much fun to view! From the way you design it, to what sort of posts you posts! Have fun and see you soon! :-*
-Lydia

10 comments:

  1. Super fun post! :) The story of how you got into blogging is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! Yeah it was fun writing about my story :D
      -Lydia

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the award! I liked reading your story! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a lot of fun reading this! Congrats on the award... wink wink :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much for nominating us. We greatly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok Melody! It was fun to give you the award :D
      -Lydia

      Delete
  5. Thanks a ton for nominating me!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your a ton welcome Emma (That's not even a saying but I'll use it now!) LOL!
      -Lydia

      Delete